Welcome to the Bean There (Sung That) Music Studio where Nancy Thomson ARCT is pleased to provide instruction and direction for a variety of vocal activities including singing lessons, workshops and choirs. She invites you to email her for more information. ** Please note that: Nancy Thomson was previously known as Nancy Jackson, Nancy Tardiff and Nancy (nee) Clayton.
About Nancy Thomson . . .
- Nancy has been a vocal teacher for more than a quarter century in Calgary and teaches over 30 students in her studio in NE Calgary.
- She has sung with the Calgary Opera Chorus, Calgary Theatre Singers and was a member of the Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede.
- She also enjoys the Calgary Multicultural Choir where she is the Conductor and
Artistic Director. She has been with the choir since 2005. In the
fall of 2012 she joined the Calgary Music Makers Choir as Conductor
and Artistic Director.
- Nancy studied Voice with the late Jim Wilkins. She completed her ARCT under the
tutelage of Elaine Case. Nancy has also studied under the well-known
singing voice care specialist Katherine Ardo, a Director of the Canadian Voice Care Foundation.
- She is a graduate and teacher for the Royal Conservatory of Music and a member of the Alberta Choral Association. Nancy is also a member of the Royal Conservatory Teacher certificate program and is listed with them as an Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced Specialist - Voice.
- She attended, in 2011, the 9th World Symposium on Choral Music in Argentina. She also attended the 10th Symposium in 2014 which was held in
Seoul, Korea, and is now back from Barcelona where the 11th World
Symposium was held in 2017. Hearing some of the world’s best choirs,
and networking with conductors and composers from around the world,
has become exciting adventures for her. She looks forward to attending
the 12th which in three years, will be held in New Zealand!
- Nancy is a proud supporter of the Painted Fish Performing Arts Society
Follow Nancy Jackson at LinkedIn
Nancy's Musical Experience Includes
Piano, Keyboards, Guitar
Writing Children's Books, Plays & Musicals